One of the things I decided the mask needed was the ability to control the airflow the fans produced through the hoses and into the mask. The easiest way to tackle the problem was
Tag: practical effects
Immortan Joe’s airbag is pretty much done at this point. We did a bit of preliminary weathering and distressing with acrylics, and the whole unit is essentially self-contained. One change I might try to
We’re in the home stretch, so things are happening much faster now. The frame has been all painted up and the mounting brackets attached. Our vinyl/pleather/whatever-it-is Airbag has been pretty much entirely hand-sewn over a
While everything else is going on with my Immortan Joe project, and because I am ADD as all hell, I decided to prototype something else to go with this whole outfit… The chrome spray
I should say that while I have a poor-quality Harbor Freight MIG welder, I also have hardly any idea how to weld or use that machine properly. However, that did not stop me from
The printed right-angle pipe fitting seems to have worked out pretty well, all things considered! I need to sand it a bit, glue the parts together, then XTC-3D the whole thing to give it
While I was waiting for some things to dry and some other things to print, I took a crack at modeling up the back fixture to connect the hose and the airbag together. I
Molds were made up for the arm bucks using Smooth-On’s Rebound 25 mold rubber and backed with some old Onyx Fast resin I had that I had to get rid of. We filled them
Here’s a problem and a solution all in one post! The screen-accurate gas mask hose that connects from the air bladder behind his head to his mask is actually a combination of two different
I took some time today while we were working on the rest of the project to design up what I think will be a workable fixture for the air filters. The cone on the front
You've reached the end of this content!
Looks like there's nothing here!