This costume still requires a significant amount of weathering and wear to be added, but I needed to take a large number of reference images of my own costume for submission into the NYCC 2016
Progress is still ongoing. We tried making the arm wraps a few different ways, and seem to have landed on a working method for now. We started with a basic sleeve, then used spray
The belt is… mostly done? I’m sure I’m missing some stuff, but lets get caught up! We cut some neoprene and leather that we salvaged from a sofa that was being thrown out into
I took a bit of time today to give some attention to the codpiece. I think this layout is… close to right? Sorry about the blurry photography. To get the curved shape at the
The robes got addressed earlier this morning, since I needed them done in order to figure out how the belt will sit over them. The fabric I went with is some kind of canvas
In the interest of making quicker progress, I banged together my buckles and straps on the base part of the waist belt. If I can share a few observations… I think I underestimated my waist
Mostly done with one of the shin pads, just playing around with things a bit. I weathered the emblems with some black oil paint diluted in mineral spirits, which took a while to dry
Most of today was spent getting some of the details on my shin pads done, since I like jumping around between parts of this project like crazy. The links were primed with a rust-colored
I spent a bit of time taking measurements this morning and doing some rough designing of the belt. I think this is about right to fit my close-to-38″ waist, although it’s got about an inch of
Had a bit of a prototype run with the airbag, and I’m still not happy with it just yet. It’s quite a challenge to figure out ways to sew the fabric to emulate what
You've reached the end of this content!
Looks like there's nothing here!