HERE'S THE ELEVATOR PITCH:
I’m a former-attorney-turned-maker who moved to California from New Jersey in March of 2019. I have been making original and replica props under the aegis of Fused Creations since early 2014. My passion for this kind of creative work grew to eclipse my interest in practicing law, so I retired my license in 2019 and moved west to pursue a career in LA’s creative industry. Since I’ve arrived, I’ve had the privilege of working both with and for a number of creative ventures – things like Superbowl commercials, music videos, theme park attractions, and much more.
I specialize in digital design work with a focus on 3D printing and modeling, as well as CNC production. I’m experienced with electronics and electrical work and have handled the design and production of large-scale systems, lighting displays, and special effects. I have a strong foundation in graphics design, video editing, and production. I program in C+, Java, and other development languages. If that’s not enough to sell you on me, I’d invite you to browse some of my other information and sample just a few of the projects I’ve worked on below.
If you’d prefer a one-page summary resume, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered here.
GET TO KNOW ME A LITTLE BETTER:
FLIX FX, INC.
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, C.A.
SEP 2019 – APR 2020
Project Manager & Digital Designer
- Coordinated teams of fabricators and other craftspeople to build complex projects for events, installations, and other entertainment productions.
- Engaged in extensive 3D modeling and digital design work to produce plans, schematics, layouts, graphics, and other needed assets for all ongoing projects.
- Programmed, wired, soldered, and fully produced multiple electronic elements including digital communications, lights (LEDs), and sound displays.
- Operated 3-Axis and 5-Axis CNC machinery to produce vacuum-forming bucks, retail displays, signage, and set design pieces.
MAR 2019 – AUG 2019
- Modeled, designed, and printed a substantial assortment of 3D parts. Responsible for elements of digital design and engineering involved in projects undertaken by the company.
- Maintained, repaired, and upgraded a room of 14 different 3D printers that formed the backbone of the company’s digital production. These machines ranged from consumer models to five-figure, high-volume industrial printers.
- Operated and maintained company’s primary CNC router. Prepared models for milling and carved those forms out of foam, wood, and other materials on a daily basis.
- Programmed and installed LED lighting, arduino, and other electrical components.
FUSED CREATIONS, LLC.
VAN NUYS, C.A.
AUG 2014 – PRESENT
Maker & Manager
- Digitally designed, manufactured, and fabricated numerous costume, prop, or collectible items for both businesses and individual clients.
- Drafted and negotiated contract terms for services to be performed and managed creative projects with other artists and professionals.
- Created props and costumes for production and film through William Paterson University’s Student Film Association.
LAW OFFICE OF ADAM SHEFKI
DEC 2011 – FEB 2019
General Practice Attorney
- Prepared and reviewed client documents including business contracts, leases, service agreements, real estate transactions, estate planning documents, depositions, and property settlement agreements.
- Routinely and successfully represented clients in Civil, Family, and Municipal court appearances throughout the northern New Jersey area.
- Not even slightly what I’m interested in doing anymore, but listed here mostly to show you that I know how to run a business and I’m not afraid of responsibility.
… Also, that I’ve got a closet full of suits I’m looking for an excuse to wear.
I can effectively work with the following software suites:
- 3D Studio Max
- Pixologic ZBrush
- Autodesk Netfabb
- Vectric VCarve
- ArtSoft Mach3
- Peopoly Asura
- Formlabs PreForm
- Autodesk Meshmixer
- Autodesk EAGLE
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Media Encorder
- Arduino IDE
- OBS Studio / Streamlabs OBS
- Artec Studio
- 3DF Zephyr
I have used, repaired, maintained, and upgraded various mills, CNC machines, lasers, and 3D printers, including:
- Makergear M2
- Creality CR-10S / S4
- Raise3D N2 Plus
- Ultimaker 3 Extended
- Lulzbot Taz 6
- Lulzbot Mini 2
- Makerbot Replicator 2
- Peopoly Moai / M200
- Formlabs Form 2
- 3DPlatform Workseries 100
- Avid CNC Pro4896 Router
- Shopbot 3-Axis and 5-Axis CNC Platforms
- Shapeoko 3 CNC
- K40 Laser Cutter / Engraver
- Universal Laser Systems PLS6.75
- Artec EVA 3D Scanner
- I’m familiar with a number of mold-making techniques and have regularly operated vacuum degassers, pressure pots, and similar equipment.
- I’ve had extensive experience with vacuum-formers and vacuum forming techniques, including designing effective bucks for these processes.
- I understand HTML, PHP, CSS, and other web-centric development.
- I’ve worked with an assortment of photogrammetry software and have experience using scanning and capture hardware on people and props.
- I’ve been working with Photoshop and After Effects for years and have a solid foundation when it comes to image and video editing, manipulation, or compositing.
- Most importantly: I learn very quickly on my feet.
SETON HALL SCHOOL OF LAW
2008 – 2011
- Presidential Law Scholarship recipient all three years.
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J.
2004 – 2008
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, with a minor in History.