I spent a bit of time taking measurements this morning and doing some rough designing of the belt. I think this is about right to fit my close-to-38″ waist, although it’s got about an inch of
Tag: mad max
Had a bit of a prototype run with the airbag, and I’m still not happy with it just yet. It’s quite a challenge to figure out ways to sew the fabric to emulate what
Spent a bit of time refining how the front and back halves of the torso join up and I think I’ve got something workable here. I look ridiculous, but whatever. I taped the pauldrons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZS-yTdllk This is exciting – it’s actually doing the job! It’ll only get better once everything is properly fitted, but I really need the airbag itself done before I can cut everything down properly
I had the opportunity to go back into NYC’s garment district, and this time I went there with the mission of finding fun odds and ends for Joe’s scepter. I don’t have a lot
The printed right-angle pipe fitting seems to have worked out pretty well, all things considered! I need to sand it a bit, glue the parts together, then XTC-3D the whole thing to give it
While I was waiting for some things to dry and some other things to print, I took a crack at modeling up the back fixture to connect the hose and the airbag together. I
Molds were made up for the arm bucks using Smooth-On’s Rebound 25 mold rubber and backed with some old Onyx Fast resin I had that I had to get rid of. We filled them
Here’s a problem and a solution all in one post! The screen-accurate gas mask hose that connects from the air bladder behind his head to his mask is actually a combination of two different
We spent a good bit of time last night lengthening the master copies of each of these things out with monster clay to fit my apparently-freakishly-long arms. Figured it’d be easiest just to do
You've reached the end of this content!
Looks like there's nothing here!