Progress is still ongoing. We tried making the arm wraps a few different ways, and seem to have landed on a working method for now. We started with a basic sleeve, then used spray
Tag: mad max
I should say that while I have a poor-quality Harbor Freight MIG welder, I also have hardly any idea how to weld or use that machine properly. However, that did not stop me from
The belt is… mostly done? I’m sure I’m missing some stuff, but lets get caught up! We cut some neoprene and leather that we salvaged from a sofa that was being thrown out into
I took a bit of time today to give some attention to the codpiece. I think this layout is… close to right? Sorry about the blurry photography. To get the curved shape at the
Been super busy lately with work, but I did get the chance to make my biceps up. I actually had to try a couple iterations of it to get something that looked proportionate with
We did the arm armor up, and since we might be offering pulls of the things up for sale to folks who are interested I figured I’d do a very quick write-up on how
The robes got addressed earlier this morning, since I needed them done in order to figure out how the belt will sit over them. The fabric I went with is some kind of canvas
In the interest of making quicker progress, I banged together my buckles and straps on the base part of the waist belt. If I can share a few observations… I think I underestimated my waist
Mostly done with one of the shin pads, just playing around with things a bit. I weathered the emblems with some black oil paint diluted in mineral spirits, which took a while to dry
Most of today was spent getting some of the details on my shin pads done, since I like jumping around between parts of this project like crazy. The links were primed with a rust-colored
You've reached the end of this content!
Looks like there's nothing here!