Had a bit of a prototype run with the airbag, and I’m still not happy with it just yet. It’s quite a challenge to figure out ways to sew the fabric to emulate what
Category: 3D Printing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZS-yTdllk This is exciting – it’s actually doing the job! It’ll only get better once everything is properly fitted, but I really need the airbag itself done before I can cut everything down properly
The printed right-angle pipe fitting seems to have worked out pretty well, all things considered! I need to sand it a bit, glue the parts together, then XTC-3D the whole thing to give it
While I was waiting for some things to dry and some other things to print, I took a crack at modeling up the back fixture to connect the hose and the airbag together. I
Here’s a problem and a solution all in one post! The screen-accurate gas mask hose that connects from the air bladder behind his head to his mask is actually a combination of two different
We spent a good bit of time last night lengthening the master copies of each of these things out with monster clay to fit my apparently-freakishly-long arms. Figured it’d be easiest just to do
I took some time today while we were working on the rest of the project to design up what I think will be a workable fixture for the air filters. The cone on the front
Overall results look good so far. We did a little experiment today – I made a rubber mold of one of the arms, then made a hydrocal copy of the original 3d printed part.
One of the things we’ve been working on in the background is the rest of the armor that has to be heat-formed. The bicep armor looks pretty straightforward, as it’s basically a tube, but
Truth be told, I was not satisfied with the K&N filters I had just due to their squat profile. I ended up rereading the other Immortan Joe thread on TheRPF and saw that forums
You've reached the end of this content!
Looks like there's nothing here!