Overall results look good so far. We did a little experiment today – I made a rubber mold of one of the arms, then made a hydrocal copy of the original 3d printed part.
One of the things we’ve been working on in the background is the rest of the armor that has to be heat-formed. The bicep armor looks pretty straightforward, as it’s basically a tube, but
Thanks to Logan74k at TheRPF.com, I’ve been alerted to the fact that the rivet arrangement is actually mirrored across both shoulders, despite the fact that the bottlecaps are only on one of them. I wonder
I spent a bit of time tidying up the torso sections of my armor so that I could get ready to trim them. Bought moleskin tape, but I’m practicing trying to shape it around
Torso armor’s underway properly now! I used a headlight polishing kit to slightly frost the PETG I had heat-formed because it needed a bit of definition behind the armor. Only scuffed up the back
Finally made forward progress on the breastplate that wasn’t super duper frustrating. So I am using PETG sheeting in 1/16″ thickness. That’s .060″ thick, for reference. I saw TheRPF.com forums user Hamsterstyle was doing his in
You've reached the end of this content!
Looks like there's nothing here!