I took some time today while we were working on the rest of the project to design up what I think will be a workable fixture for the air filters. The cone on the front
Project: Immortan Joe
Overall results look good so far. We did a little experiment today – I made a rubber mold of one of the arms, then made a hydrocal copy of the original 3d printed part.
One of the things we’ve been working on in the background is the rest of the armor that has to be heat-formed. The bicep armor looks pretty straightforward, as it’s basically a tube, but
Truth be told, I was not satisfied with the K&N filters I had just due to their squat profile. I ended up rereading the other Immortan Joe thread on TheRPF and saw that forums
Thanks to Logan74k at TheRPF.com, I’ve been alerted to the fact that the rivet arrangement is actually mirrored across both shoulders, despite the fact that the bottlecaps are only on one of them. I wonder
I decided to make my life easy again by manufacturing a quick little jig to help me drill the holes I needed through my bottlecaps at a fixed distance and orientation so that it’d
And then there’s the mask. Got the plugs for the gas mask hoses painted up and attached, bent a bit of thick-gauge copper wiring up and into the jaw, and I completely revamped the
I spent a bit of time tidying up the torso sections of my armor so that I could get ready to trim them. Bought moleskin tape, but I’m practicing trying to shape it around
I detached the brass hingework for now, but took the opportunity to add the gas mask hose connectors and sub-piping. That sub-piping is actually made of very thick electrical copper wire – couldn’t tell
So, Immortan Joe’s mask opens up for added drama and intimidation during one scene in the film. Today’s engineering challenge: Make that damn jaw open and close in a way that is durable and robust.
You've reached the end of this content!
Looks like there's nothing here!