We spent a good bit of time last night lengthening the master copies of each of these things out with monster clay to fit my apparently-freakishly-long arms. Figured it’d be easiest just to do
Project: Immortan Joe's Armor
Overall results look good so far. We did a little experiment today – I made a rubber mold of one of the arms, then made a hydrocal copy of the original 3d printed part.
One of the things we’ve been working on in the background is the rest of the armor that has to be heat-formed. The bicep armor looks pretty straightforward, as it’s basically a tube, but
I spent a bit of time tidying up the torso sections of my armor so that I could get ready to trim them. Bought moleskin tape, but I’m practicing trying to shape it around
Torso armor’s underway properly now! I used a headlight polishing kit to slightly frost the PETG I had heat-formed because it needed a bit of definition behind the armor. Only scuffed up the back
Finally made forward progress on the breastplate that wasn’t super duper frustrating. So I am using PETG sheeting in 1/16″ thickness. That’s .060″ thick, for reference. I saw TheRPF.com forums user Hamsterstyle was doing his in
You've reached the end of this content!
Looks like there's nothing here!