January 31, 2017

Well, after printing a few parts I’ve discovered that the gun’s model was too big. This was easy enough to correct – just had to scale it down to the correct size – but then obviously I had to redo all the interior mechanisms because I can’t rightly scale down my switches or 9v battery, can I? Took most of my weekend, but I got it done. It’s hard to convey in pictures, but I sized the gun properly by printing a few ‘silhouette’ tests out. Ultimately I went with 88% of my original size model, which felt about right in my hand.

I did get a chance to start playing around with soluble supports on this one. I didn’t need to use them, strictly speaking, but they give you a smooth interior chamber, which is nice when you’re talking about making sure the trigger and safety mechanisms moving cleanly.


I will say, I’m surprised, happy, and impressed that all the knurled textures I modeled onto the gun seem to be printing perfectly. Should make for some easy drybrushing once paint time comes.



I finally got around to adding a proper downloads page to the site, and Titanfall stuff has its own category there now, so all of the files for things I’ve worked on so far (and will be working on) will be added there in addition to the bottom of relevant posts.