Mostly done with one of the shin pads, just playing around with things a bit. I weathered the emblems with some black oil paint diluted in mineral spirits, which took a while to dry but left a nice finish once I rubbed them back shiny with the steel wool.
I may have overdone it with the amount of sewing I did to hold the emblems on, but truthfully the glues I was using were not holding the emblems to the pad all that well, so I figured it’d be better to overdo the cording and not have one of these things fall off at a con.
Have to say, the more I test fit the costume the more I realize I am nowhere near Joe’s proportions. These things need a bit more padding, I suspect. Might line the back of the shin pad with some foam to give it a bit more shaping.