By
on
July 27, 2016

Two other bits of note for the day. First, I had the opportunity to go back into NYC’s garment district, and this time I went there with the mission of finding fun odds and ends for Joe’s scepter.

14761263300asWJ9O.png

1476126347QqwBw0W.png

I don’t have a lot of great, clear reference imagery for what’s supposed to be on this thing, but… that was almost a breath of fresh air, to be honest. I got to just dig around in bits of trimming, buttons, whatever I could find to pick things that looked neat and thematic out. My goal was to keep it cheap and I think I got away with a pretty good assortment of odds and ends. These, plus some bottlecaps and other miscellaneous things I already had lying around should make for a pretty fun start to the scepter. Yes, I mixed a single googly eye in, because I’m allowed to be less serious here. These, plus some bottlecaps and other miscellaneous things I already had lying around should make for a pretty fun start to the scepter. Yes, I mixed a single googly eye in, because I’m allowed to be less serious here.

I’ve got a lot of actual work to do tomorrow, but I’m hoping by Friday I will have a lot more done, particularly the arm armor that needs to be cleaned up following the earlier vacuum pulls.

 

TAGS
1 Comment
  1. Reply

    Brian Merritt

    July 8, 2018

    Good idea. I love projects like this.
    You definitely won’t be able to fit all of that stuff on a club the size that Joe has. My input, try not to repeat items. Don’t put more than one star or more than one coat button. You want to give the scepter character by avoiding making it look like you bought a bag of stuff from a craft store. In an apocalypse, there’s barely one of anything, so each decoration should be different.

LEAVE A COMMENT

RELATED POSTS